Helpful Links About Dr. Sibley
Peer Review Publications
*Denotes Student Collaborator
- Turns, B., Springer, P. R., & Sibley, D. S., (in press). Removing the “mystery” in therapy: Transparency as a continuous intervention in family psychotherapy. Journal of Family Psychotherapy
- Turns, B. & Sibley, D. S. (in press). Does maternal spanking lead to bullying behaviors at school? A longitudinal study. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Li, X., *Theisen, A., Seo, C., & Sibley D. S. (in press). Resourcefulness: Current insights and future directions for family scholars and clinicians. The Family Journal.
- Sibley, D. S., *Schmidt, A. E., & *Kimmes, J. G. (2016). Applying a contextual therapy framework to treat panic disorder: A case study. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 24(4), 299-317.
- * Schmidt, A. E., Green, M. S., Sibley, D. S., & Prouty, A. M. (2016). Effects of parental infidelity on adult children’s relational ethics with their partners: A contextual perspective. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, 15, 3, 193-212.
- Vennum, A., Hardy, N., Sibley, D. S., & Fincham, F. D. (2015). Dedication and sliding in emerging adult cyclical and non-cyclical romantic relationships. Family Relations, 64, 3, 407-419.
- Sibley, D. S., Springer, P. R., Vennum, A., & Hollist, C. S. (2015). An exploration of the construction of commitment leading to marriage. Marriage & Family Review, 51, 2, 183-203.
- Sibley, D. S., Kimmes, J. G., & Schmidt, A. E. (2015). Generating new stories of commitment in couple relationships by utilizing the sliding versus deciding framework. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 26(1), 68-73.
- Hafen, M., Drake, A., Rush, B. R., & Sibley, D. S. (2015). Engaging students: Utilizing video clips of authentic client interactions in pre-clinical veterinary medicine education. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 42(3), 252-258.
Professional Blog Posts
- Sibley, D. S. (2018, March 20th). Resilient Commitment: Overcoming the Intergenerational Effects of Parental divorce. [Blog post]. Institute for Family Studies. Retrieved from: https://ifstudies.org/blog/resilient-commitment-overcoming-the-intergenerational-effects-of-parental-divorce
- Sibley, D. S. (2018, January 4th). Communicating key truths about marriage and family in the university classroom. [Blog post]. Institute for Family Studies. Retrieved from: https://ifstudies.org/blog/communicating-key-truths-about-marriage-and-family-in-the-university-classroom
- Schmidt, A. E., Sibley, D. S., & Dorman, C. (2016, November 29th). Fair winds and Squalls: The health impact of family legacies across the lifespan. [Blog post]. Retrieved from: http://www.cfha.net/blogpost/753286/263378/Fair-Winds-and-Squalls-The-Health-Impact-of-Family-Legacies-Across-the-Lifespan